Hacking Content Marketing: How To Buy Content For a Website?
Creating your own content can be time consuming - here are three quick ways you can get started with outsourcing your content writing using freelancers!
For small businesses, organic creation of content can be difficult and time consuming.
It is possible for businesses to buy content for their websites.
Option 1 - Scripted
One example of content, where businesses are able to buy quality work is Scripted.
Scripted runs a vigorous process for its’ writers, offering a number of content to purchase.
- Sign up to a free, 1 month trial membership
- Place an order with chosen content
- Await the first draft
- Confirm any revisions
Scripted drafts can take five business days, with a maximum of seven days before the content is live
- Free 1 month membership
- Can communicate directly with writers
- Ideas can be pitched FROM writers
- Membership ranges from $149 to $1299 monthly
- Once a writer is approved, they remain in the network
- For the monthly option of unlimited words, this will cost $1299 a month.
Pricing: Scripted charges a premium price for articles that are not quality-moderated post access.
A free monthly trial is accessible, however after one month – a monthly membership fee of $149 is billed – which covers 10,000 words (content costs are not included in plans - these will be charged as extra). Unlimited words will cost $1299.
Many small businesses do not have expendable funds upon start-up, which Scripted may price them out of. However, there is an alternative.
Option 2 - ContentFly
ContentFly charges a flat monthly rate, accessing large pool of writers – quality is of the highest importance. A free, 14 day trial is offered.
- Sign up and post your first content brief through a robust dashboard.
- The ContentFly algorithm will connect the brief and the best writer for the job.
- The first draft can take 36 hours for a writer to submit. Afterwards, unlimited revisions are given.
- Contentfly is cheaper than Scripted – which gives businesses a lot of options to focus their spending into other channels.
- Purely a ghostwriting service, giving the credit to the business.
- Contentfly offers a minimum of 36 hours for content to be pitched, delivered and live (within weekdays).
- Quality Control. Writers must meet a minimum of 4 stars overall score. With well-researched articles, businesses can be certain that ContentFly is the best they can use to buy unique articles online.
- One of the few weaknesses Contentfly has is the lack of contact between business and writer. However, multiple revisions can be requested by a business, and as the service is completely for ghostwriting – minimal contact is normal.
Pricing: Made for all budgets – and is a very affordable option to buy content for websites.
A flat rate of $250 a month – with access to a highly skilled writer pool, royalty free images, and up to 4000 words of content.
Option 3 - hiring freelancer writers directly
- Contact made through platforms – job sites, forums, social media platforms
- Idea pitched to writer for content
- Proposed pricing option set
- Content submitted/revised if necessary
Due to the varying number of channels in which contact can be made – the process can vary, however the skeleton remains the same.
- Direct contact with writers
- Content is tailored exactly to the needs of the business
- Pricing can be negotiated and work ongoing
- Quality in work may be eccentric
- Rights to all works is solely that of the writer
- Pricing will vary based on experience/specializations
Pricing: Freelance writer rates can vary – Charging 25c per word, where some will work with packages and/or a higher word rate.
It is important, in this sense – for businesses to do their research to find a freelancer who can fit their budget.